The Ferndale School Board will ask voters to consider a renewal levy in February 2020. Voters will consider a rate of $2.50 per thousand of assessed property value for the calendar years of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2014. This levy would replace the current levy approved by voters in 2016 for calendar years 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
The State has always required local districts to seek local funding for a portion of district operating budgets. Voters in all seven school districts in Whatcom County will be asked to approve levy renewals in February 2020.
The Levy Pays For…
- More than 1/2 of approximately 345 FSD classified staff.
- More than 1/5 of approximately 315 FSD certified staff, including teachers and counselors.
- music and band
- Lower class sizes
- School supplies
- 8-period schedule which provides elective classes for students at the high school
- 1:1 student device program
- daily student access to computers for learning