The Ferndale School Board has decided to ask voters to approve the replacement levy from 2016 and extend it through 2022. The rate that was chosen is the current 2020 rate of $2.17/$1000 of assessed property value. Meaning, if your home has been assessed in 2020 at $375,000 you would pay $813.75 (375 x $2.17) per year. If approved, the rate would stay the same throughout the duration of the two-year levy term.
The Levy Pays For…
- More than 1/2 of approximately 345 FSD classified staff.
- More than 1/5 of approximately 315 FSD certified staff, including teachers and counselors.
- Music and band
- Maintain class sizes
- School supplies
- 8-period schedule which provides elective classes for students at the high school
- 1:1 student device program for grades 6-12
- daily student access to computers for learning